Medium was one of those TV shows that I don't know anyone who watched other than myself, but come Fridays I found myself watching parts and bits of it and throughout the years I came to love watching the family grow. So watching the finale after 7 years was expected but bittersweet. This wasn't a show that I watched religiously every week but more of a comfort food show I dropped by on maybe once or twice every month. Seeing it gone is bittersweet but shows can't go on forever.


The finale was horrible and well expectantly so.
I knew they were going to kill off Joe or Alison when the producer said he was going to burn down everything and close the story completely. What I didn't expect was the sadness that came when Joe dying so early on in the remainder of Alison's life. The hope of Joe being alive in Mexico which turned out false made me sad even though I knew it was gonna happen. That stuff only happens as Joe put it, only in dreams. Even so a part of me wanted it to be true or false much like Alison's death in last season's finale (which was wonderful as well)


The end result of Alison living her life to the fullest and being rewarded for it with Joe waiting was, however, satisfying especially because Alison and Joe's marriage was one I look at with envy. In the world of divorces, affairs, and abusive relationships, their marriage was full of ups and downs but in the end you knew that they loved each other dearly and probably would have become one of those grandpa grandma couples you see on cruises dancing away for their 60th anniversary.

Medium was a silly story but it did family better than any other series I've watched.
I'll miss it and I hope the best of luck to the fabulous cast of that series.

Labels:


wrote at
6:28 PM
on
Jan 22, 2011