After waiting for the season to go somewhere, I finally caught up with Caprica.

How I wish episode 12+ were the pacing they had gone for episode 1-9. It's gone from boring to amazing in the span of those few episodes. It's moving, the characters are much more interesting. The fact that it's over makes that so much worse.

I honestly cannot remember much of what happened in the first half of Caprica other than Zoe died, Zoe became the first cylon. I think the first half could have been done in the premiere + 2nd episode with the 3rd-4th going into the Greystone takeover attempt.

I will be mourning that it got cancelled. I really just wish the pacing were like this to begin with.

I'm still hoping that the new Battlestar Galactica prequel will bring back some of the actors and perhaps help end Caprica and/or give its story some kind of closure.




On a side note, I also finished Kings recently and wish there was more to it as well.

Not because the actual story was interesting, but because of Ian McShane. The story of David is interesting but the way that it was written made it hard to be interested in David or in a lot of the characters. It was Ian McShane's story but David needed to become more powerful in the story rather than just be a pretty face. Unfortunately for Kings that all he and most of the cast were.

Ian McShane made Kings amazing, much like he made the one dimensional Waleran Bigod of The Pillars of Earth fun to watch (which is also an interesting show if you like your history and don't mind a clean and cut good versus evil story) Waleran Bigod was one of the most purely corrupt characters I've seen grace TV screens in recent productions which is why it amazed me that I still wondered what will he do next!

Now to netflix Deadwood.

Labels:


wrote at
8:11 PM
on
Nov 24, 2010